TCA, Fraxel or subcision? (photo)

I've been doing my research and I'm still confused on what to do for my type of

Atrophic scars and Ematrix RF

For atrophic scars, I would suggest a combination of subcision, Ematrix RF, fractional lasers, and Melapads daily. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Options for Acne Scars

Hi Caine. No matter how much research you do online, nothing replaces the information you will receive in a good consultation.  It looks like you are a candidate for TCA or Fractionated laser resurfacing.  Fraxel is one brand of laser but there are many others and they all work very similarly.  Subcision would not likely be a good option as it works better when the scars are very deep AND very wide.  Yours are more of a pinpoint or ice pick nature.

We would offer fractional laser resurfacing with 1-3 visits at 500 - 1000 microns for the cheeks (up to 1 MM depth).  This would be done with the Sciton Profractional laser and an analogous set of before and after photos can be found at the link below for one of our Los Angeles patients.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Acne scarring requires a combination of lasers, fillers, microneedling/PRP, TCA cross for improvement. I suggest seeing an expert for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne scars

Acne scars on the cheek can be challenging to treat with a single treatment due their various depths and sizes. Microneedling, fractionated laser, and radiofrequency make microscopic holes in the scars to stimulate your body to remodel and fill in the scar with new collagen and are great for larger areas. For depressed scars, Bellafill is a semi-permanent filler which has shown success in lifting and filling in rolling acne scars. Finally, deep individual "ice-pick" type scars are best treated with direct surgical excision to cut out the scar and bring in two even edges of skin together. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Best of luck!

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician