How to get rid of dark spot which exclusively covers my nose? My skin is fair while Dark spot is pinkish-brown.

While I was younger and had acne on nose,My elder brother applied dettol on my acne.i got rid of it but now,I have brown spot on that exact location. It isnt scar,Its just of different tone.Is it case of Hyperpigmentation? Will hydroquione help? I cant have peels because my insurance doesnt cover them.thanks

Helpful photos

Difficult to advise without any photos.  There are a variety of options to treat hyperpigmentation which include topical medicated creams, lightening creams, lasers, and chemical peels. An evaluation would be required to determine the best treatment for your particular brown spots and skin type. 

Lake Forest Dermatologist

Nasal pigmentation

It is hard to give you a treatment recommendation. Topicals such as hydroquinone and Retin A will help. Lasers and peels could help as well. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD