I Want my Facial Skin Refreshed Without Surgery - Any Suggestions?

I've tried laser, didn't remove red veins, I tried Retin A, it made my skin so dry I had to smother on oil to stop pealing. I've done Botox, but was not really impressed. I have oily T Zone and dryness on face which is problamatic.

Options for Redness

It sounds like the redness is what is concerning you.  I am not sure which laser you tried, but IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) also called Fotofacials, can help.  You often need 3-5 treatments.  You can also find someone with a V-Beam laser, which is a pulsed dye laser that works well for redness. 

I recommend you begin using antioxidant creams on your face, as this can help your skin heal.  Look for products containing things such as vitamin C, green tea, resveratrol, coffeeberry (there are many more, these are just some examples).  You may look to your diet as well.  I find some people see a notable improvement in their skin after cutting out dairy, wheat and sugar (including artifical sweeteners).  This is a big undertaking, but often worth it.  If you have any digestive problems, you can supplement with Probiotics and digestive enzymes, as sometimes poor digestion is reflected in the skin.

Burbank Dermatologist

Skin refreshing

For redness, the IPL is the gold standard, and it does take about 3-5 treatments to see results. It is also important to go to a provider that knows what settings to use for you as not all lasers are the same and they don't give you results, but rather how the laser is utilized. I also offer Nd:Yag for treatment of resistant facial veins with great results. The best lasers for these concerns are made by CynoSure and I offer 2 gold standard treatments: Mag G IPL and Elite+ Nd:Yag.  CE Ferulic by Skin Ceuticals is a phenomenal antioxidant and you should definitely be using it daily as part of your skin regimen. Retin A is a great product, It sounds like you need to give it another try  but have a different treatment plan. Maybe you need a smaller strength, maybe you need to used it only 2-3 times a week and slowly titrate up or down, maybe the amount applied was too much as it's a strong medication.  Hope this helps.  I do believe you should consider laser treatment for your facial redness again an dit works great. Good luck. Best, Dr.Avaliani

Anna Avaliani, MD
New York Physician