What is the Best Dermal Filler for Sunken Cheeks Due to Acne Scarring?

I'm in my late 30s & I have sunken cheeks due to acne scarring and significant weight loss. My left cheek has a sunken oval diagonally across the cheek from 3/4 inch under eye to 1 1/2 inch above my jaw. I'm trying to determine the best filler to use for this area since it's close to the eye socket.

Doctor Answers 1

Best Dermal Filler for Sunken Cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.

Your question has a 2-part answer. Regarding the sunken cheeks, you have a couple options for volumization. These include fat transfer which provides excellent results. A non-surgical alternative would be the use Sculptra which is a collagen stimulator, and would require 1-3 treatments for optimal results. The acne scars themselves may be effaced to a certain degree with a hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm or Perlane. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist in your area to review these options and form the optimal treatment plan for you.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.