I have mild acne scars on cheeks/large pores. What's the best cream or procedure to improve it making it worse? (Photo)

I was told by a dermatologist that there is nothing that I can do to improve my skin. I do not believe this. cCan someone please help me with improving my skin. I have some acne scarring in the t-zone mostly and large pores especially in the t-zone as well. I am looking for a procedure or a serum or ANYTHING that can improve my skin noticeably. I also don't want to risk making my skin worse.

TCA CROSS for deeper pores, CO2 Fractional as all rounder....

.....I believe that you have open pores, right cheek, in the midline . Easy to see on the pictures. TCA CROSS will fix this. It is subtle, but it will work, 2 treatments and your pores are treated. 

For over all improvement I would advice a series of CO2 Fractional laser treatments, or if you have the downtime erbium fully ablative laser, depth of 300 + microns plus CO2, same sitting. That will do it. Remember to use active A, B, C s after your laser for lasting effects. Skin can always be improved. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia
acne specialists.com.au 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne scar and large pores treatment

Good treatment options for acne scars and discoloration can include lasers (traditional or fractional), dermabrasion (not mircrodermabrasion which would be a waste of money) and deep chemical peels. You have to be careful when using traditional lasers (CO2) and deep chemical peels and dermabrasion on dark skin types (like Asian skin) as they have a higher risk for uneven pigmentation and post- inflammatory hyper- pigmentation. Fractional lasers have less risks for uneven pigmentation, especially for darker skin types (Hispanics, Asians). Tissue fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, ect.) can often give instant improvement for superficially depressed acne scars that are not too tethered down. They are less expensive but are a temporary fix and have to be re-injected. IPL (intense pulsed light) can be especially good for discoloration (red and dark) as that is one of it's primary indications, is very affordable and involves little down time with the least amount of risks (multiple treatments are required). IPL is also great for large pores and oily skin. It is also safer on darker/ Asian type skin and has less risks for hyper- pigmentation than laser and chemical peels. It is not a stand alone procedure for deep acne scars as you would still have to do one or more of the other treatment modalities. As far as creams and lotions are concerned, Retin- A can be effective at reducing oiliness and improve the size of the pores.  I does take time to work and can make your skin a little red, dry and irritated.  I would recommend you see a board certified physician who has a lot of experience using these treatment modalities to assess your needs, discuss the advantages and disadvantages and risks and to recommend the ideal procedure for you. Best wishes.

Clear Skin -- Proper Skin Care, Clear + Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen and PRP

There is a ton you can do for your skin.  You have great skin but can be exceptionally improved with light low level fractional laser like Clear + Brilliant combined with microneedling and PRP.  Topical skin care is essential and should be antiaging.  I suggest you go to an expert in lasers and facial contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.