Severe acne scarring all over body and eczema would like clear even time skin. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have a severe case of post acne scaring throughout my body (face, arms, back, derriere) I have tried various ways to get rid of it but with little to no success. I am wondering if there is a cosmetic procedure that would assist in propelling my skin into a better direction, but I want primarily focus on my backside and face they're the most severe. I also suffer from eczema as well. Please advise on diff. Procedures for someone of color & cost

Doctor Answers 3

Hyperpigmentation and raised papules. Englewood Cliffs

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
In my opinion, I'm not sure if your acne is still active. If it is, this should be treated prior to a treatment of the scars. Your raised papules could be treated with Verapamil or 5 fluorouracil injections. This is acceptable with skin of color. Your post inflammatory hyperpigmentation can be treated with a combination of bleaching creams and steroids. This should be fairly mild yet be able to improve some of the pigmented marks. As you have a  eczematous skin condition, I would recommend an acne scar expert to work with you on the  treatment plan. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Hyperpigmented scars all over your body

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Don't despair. There are ways to improve this. We have before and afters that have helped. You need aggresive skin treatments with products and actually procedures you can do yourself. Also I would suggest total fx with active and deep fx to treat some of these. Even more invasive lasering may need to be done. We can help though.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyperpigmentation an scars and treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am sorry for the scars.  This is a difficult problem as the hyperpigmentation is typically treated with bleaching creams and retinoids or chemical peels but this may exacerbate your eczema.  I would definitely consult an expert in scar treatment for evaluation.  Best, Dr. Green

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.