Should I wait to get fillers until after I loose weight?

I have an appt in a week to get fillers around my mouth to treat smoking lines from corners of mouth down chin. I am 50 yrs old and 15 lbs overweight. I plan to loose the extra weight over summer and have quit smoking.

Waiting on dermal fillers until after weight loss

If you are prone to lose volume in your face when you lose weight, then you should wait until after the weight loss so the injector can recommend the most appropriate treatment for you.

Fillers and Weight Loss

Lines around the mouth from smoking should not be associated with weight loss.  If you lose more weight you may need additional filler but I would go ahead and have the correction now.  In the future if you lose more weight you may need more filler in those areas.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Fillers and weight loss

It is possible when you lose weight you could lose volume in your face.  Please seek a consultation with a qualified professional first.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

If you are planning to lose weight you may or may not lose facial volume. A significant formal consultation should be performed to determine if the issues you have are genetic or will be affected by weight loss.  Best, Dr. Emer.