How can you reduce or eliminate most cellulite in one's legs?

Cellulite Treatment- What Works?

Cellulite is the result of vertically oriented fibrous bands between the subcutaneous fat cells and the undersurface of the skin (dermis).  This vertical orientation is normal anatomy in women whereas men have more diagonally oriented fibers which tend not to dimple the skin. Temporary improvement of cellulite can be achieved with external treatment using thermal heating with radio frequency devices such as the Venus Legacy. This helps by promoting collagen production which tightens the skin and to some degree reducing bulging fat which contributes to surface irregularity. To directly treat the cause of the cellulite the fibrous bands puckering the skin need to be lysed and the bulging fat needs to be removed. This is best done with the Cellulaze procedure which is part of the SmartLipo Triplex platform. This is a minimally invasive procedure which gives the best chance of permanent improvement. Best to discuss your options with a physician with experience performing a variety of techniques for cellulite.

Scott A. Brenman, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Eliminating Cellulite

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze cellulite treatment

Cellulaze when performed by a physician who is familiar with the technology can produce great results in properly selected patients. Realistic expectation are key in satisfied patients. Make sure you see good before and after photos from the actual physician doing the treatments to get an idea of what is possible and what you can expect. There are experienced Cellulaze physician in your area that should be able to help you. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

VASERSmooth Best for permanent cellulite reduction

Cellulite is a difficult problem to address as it has multiple causes with a lot of it being genetic.  There are many noninvasive ways to address cellulite, but in my opinion they are very limited in outcome.  I have been using the VASERSmooth for over a year to treat cellulite and have been getting fantastic results.  I can realistically improve the appearance of cellulite permanently between 50-80% with a SINGLE surgical procedure. It is a surgical procedure which takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to perform with some anesthesia.  There is minimal downtime and most patients return to work 3-5 days following the procedure.  The results continue to improve up until and after 6 months following the procedure. 

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD

Reducing Cellulite

Unfortunately there is no way to completely eliminate cellulite from the legs but thankfully now we do have a procedure that can improve cellulite, sometimes to a very substantial degree. Previous non-surgical remedies or treatments offered only very temporary and transient improvement of cellulite but Cellulaze addresses the problem beneath the skin where the problem occurs.  Cellulaze utilizes a laser that cuts through the fibers that pull down and tether the skin down in a dimply fashion, melts lumpy areas of fat and thickens the skin to improve its integrity and overall appearance.  No previous non-surgical treatments can claim to have any effect on all those aspects. For your best treatment advice, consider a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience with Cellulaze.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Reducing Cellulite

Thank you for your question. There are non-invasive treatments such as vasershape to help smooth out the appearance of cellulite.  It can take few treatments to see result. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of  a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Cellulite treatment that works well

While some cellulite creams do offer improvement, it is not always dramatic.

I use the SURE technique which is a minimally invasive procedure that dramatically reduces the appearance of cellulite.  The procedure is done under local anesthesia and is usually effective after only one treatment.

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Cellulaze for Permanent Cellulite Reduction

Cellulaze is an exciting new breakthrough technology in the area of cellulite reduction.  It is the ONLY FDA approved device for permanent cellulite reduction.  It treats the fibrous bands that create cellulite leaving them gone for good.  I am thrilled with the results I'm seeing in my patients - it's a technology that can be performed in the office - it is minimally invasive, takes 1-2 hours, and typically requires only 1 treatment!  That's by far the best technology I've seen available to treat stubborn cellulite. 

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD