What type of treatment is best for my acne scarring ? Is it severe? (Photo)

24 years old female, acne has recently got worse started leaving deeper scars and has spread to the neck which has never happened before. Is this a sign of hormonal problems?

Doctor Answers 4

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Lasers, fillers, TCA cross and subcision will all help this in a comination.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Bellafill and RF - either eMatrix or Infini RF

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Agree with my colleagues, you will benefit from some sort of RF or radio frequency energy device- I prefer to use INFINI RF for older scars, whilst eMatrix is best for early scars. 

Atrophic scars can be filled at the end with Bellafill. In Australia I use Juvederm Volbella as we do not have Bellafill available as yet. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Acne Scars and Best Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You will benefit from a combination of Bellafill to fill in these deep acne scars and the eMatrix laser to treat these deeper scars.  Please consult an expert in these advanced techniques.  Best, Dr. Green

Hidef Acne Scar Protocol for indented acne scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would recommend the Hidef Acne Scar Protocol at our office which includes Ematrix RF, fractional laser, CO2 laser, subcision, fillers, topical creams, and light chemical peels. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
@kareplasticsurgery on Instagram

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.