Can I get micro fat transfer at 21 for acne scarring or is this too young/better to go for long lasting filler as a precursor?

I have moderate rolling scars on my cheeks from a severe breakout at age 18. I would like to get fat because of the natural aesthetic I see it gives when done right. I am very active and train hence I have a very sleek bone structure but am loosing my baby fat in the face rapidly, I am a woman. While I am happy with being fit, I am unhappy as my scarring seems to becoming more prominent. I also have moderate icepick and boxcar but it is mostly the loss of fat that bothers/is aging me.

Acne Scarring Treatment

Each case is different. It is not based on age, but rather on the condition of your skin. 

We have found success with combining BellaFill Injections along with a dermapen/laser or Vivace procedure for treating acne scars. This is the best combination to fill in and smooth out the scarring. Good luck! 

Acne Scar Solutions with lasers, fillers, subcision and microneedling/prp

A combination approach for acne scarring is best. Acne scars can be improved with a series of treatments combining lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. I recommend a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Young and want acne scar improvement

I would get the Infini procedure and consider adding PRP. These are both natural and long standing results. Injecting fat is not a good idea in my opinion and results can be uneven and unpredictable. Also consider subcision.

Steven F. Weiner, MD