What is the best treatment for my acne scarring and wrinkles? (Photos)

I had severe acne in my young teens.. I am now 20 years old (female) and suffer from horrible acne scars on my forehead and cheeks... its the worst on my forehead. Iv heard of microdermabrasion but did some research and found out that might not be the best treatment for deep acne scaring. I also seem to have some wrinkles in my forehead as well, but like i mentioned I am only 20!!! I wake up everyday and hate my skin and cover it with makeup. I want to be comfortable.. please help!

INFINI PRP followed by filler.

OK Ideally, Infini PRP with micro subcision to some scars, forehead. End it with Botox micro units to each scar, 3 weeks before filler. Cheeks, INFINI RF then filler. You have 4-5 scars that need TCA, not a hard job but will take 5-8 sessions for 80-90% improvement. Cheers, Dr Davin Lim 

Page below will give you all the info. Needs as I have embedded all the videos in one page. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scar Treatment

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your skin. Living with acne scarring is not something you have to put up with thanks to the advancement of aesthetic lasers that are equipped to treat a wide variety of skin conditions. 

There are many options to treat acne scarring, so to achieve the best results for your specific case, consult an experienced specialist with a reputable practice. Lasers are a great way to resurface the skin and reduce scars, particularly the Erbium and CO2 lasers. The Erbium laser is a state-of-the-art laser that resurfaces the skin and reduce scars in under an hour. The results are almost instant, and only about 3-4 days of downtime are required. Another option is the CO2 laser. The CO2 laser penetrates the skin deeper than the Erbium; therefore, the results are a little better, but you would need about 7-10 days of downtime. Also, because this laser is more invasive, you do not need multiple treatments like the Erbium. 

At our clinic we often recommend a series of AFT (Advanced Fluorescence Technology) laser treatments for acne scarring as a starting point, it all depends on the patients current skin condition. AFT is an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser technology targets the surface of the skin where prior acne has made the surface uneven and improves the texture, tone, and appearance of skin with minimal downtime.

A consultation with a board certified cosmetic plastic surgeon or a dermatologist would be the first step in treating your scars! I would highly recommend a high quality medical grade skin care routine that contains ingredients that have been developed to treat acne on the face.

Watch the attached link for more info.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars

I have had very good results with a combined peel, which is a chemical peel combined with a CO2 laser peel. This has been the most effective treatment in my 20 years of practicing facial plastic surgery.  It is done under IV sedation and takes 8-10 days to heal.  Microdermabrasion is a surface treatment and, you are correct  that it will not improve your scars.  The combined peel will also improve your wrinkles.  I hope this helps!

Raj P. TerKonda, MD, FACS
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving acne scars - Infini and Bellafill in your case

I would do a series of 3 Infini. After completion, remaining deeper scars can be filled with Bellafill. Other measures include: subcision, PRP, laser resurfacing. Expect improvements but not complete resolution.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scar Solutions with lasers, fillers, subcision and microneedling/prp

A combination approach is needed to give improvement in acne scars. I recommend a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. I suggest getting a formal evaluation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer