Is laser treatment for stretch marks post-pregnancy effective and worth it? (Photos)

I just had a baby 3 months ago and I have some loose skin and stretch marks in my tummy. What kind of laser treatment will be most effective, what is the price range usually, and how many treatments? I understand that it won't go away completely.

Stretch Marks after pregnancy

Congratulations on your child!  As a mother myself, I know the joy of having a child but the havoc it can play on your body.  Unfortunately, stretchmarks are damaged skin and the best outcome is to have them become less noticeable by trying to make them less red and more even with the natural color of your skin.  Many women decide to seek surgical options such as abdominoplasty and even breast lifts or mastopexy after they are finished with childbearing as this is truly the only way to remove stretch marks.  Even with strict weight control during pregnancy, stretch marks can occur due genetics, abrupt fluctuations in weight at the end of pregnancy, size of your child and the hormones of pregnancy.  Creams do little to prevent them and the options for treatment are just not that successful beyond surgical options. Good luck and remember - most of us have them !  You are not alone.  Shelby Bentz MD

Bakersfield Physician

Stretch Mark Treatment/Costs-- Microneedling/PRP, Laser, Skin Care/Peels, Sculptra Injections

I suggest seeing an expert.  treatments such as radiofrequency, needling/PRP, lasers can all help.  Best, Dr. Emer.