I had a hip arthroscopy a little over a week ago and I was wondering if it was safe to remove the steri strips.

I have them over 3 incisions and the 1 is stuck like glue but the other two and starting to come off. is it okay to remove them and just wear bandages over the incisions?

In most cases, it is OK to remove them, but check with your surgeon to be sure as they may have a different protocol. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Plato's Scar Serum ad steri strips for a surgical scar

Hip incisions have a lot of tension, so leaving the steri strips on for a while can help the scar. Once off, apply Plato's Scar Serum twice daily. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles