Lifelong severe deep lines around mouth and on chin, I'm 23. (photos)

Ill post pictures as i havent noticed these on people in my age group. I have always been of an athletic weight..yet have been plagued by deep lines and what look like pockets around my mouth. My chin is also full of lines. Id like to know what is causing this, could it be my overbite? Are there any remedies (i.e what surgeries, products etc..) thank you for any response as this is something that has destroyed my self confidence.

Lifelong severe deep lines around mouth and on chin, I'm 23.

Some individuals are generically predisposed to having loose skin in the lower face, which manifests as an "accordion-like"  appearance in the cheek. The most modern and best treatment for this is skin tightening with a radio-frequency laser skin as Viora®. Another option is filling all of the lines with a mid-weight filler such as Juvederm® 

Miami Dermatologist

Smile line improvement in young patient

This can be significantly improved with fillers. Start out with HA fillers such as Restylane. If you like the results, consider treating with Bellafill, which is basically a permanent filler. I mention this one because you are young and repeated HA fillers will be costly.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Treating Lower Face Lines

We usually advise a combination of treatments in order to improve skin health in addition to changing contours and prominent lines .Cutera's Laser Genesis helps to active collagen production and improve lines and texture when skin needs revitalization.  Moderate lines and wrinkles around the mouth and mid-face are then best softened with fillers .   Initial filler choices for you might be a hyaluronic filler such as Juvederm Ultra Plus for the mid-face and Juvederm Ultra or Restylane for the areas around your mouth and chin.  An experienced injector can advise the best options for you at a personal consultation

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Filler for Lines Around Mouth and Chin

It is unlikely that there is a problem causing these lines and more likely that it's just your genetic make-up. These lines can be easily improved using a dermal hyaluronic acid filler, such as Restylane. Hyaluronic acid fillers draw water to the area, causing it to fill in around the injected areas as well as promote collagen growth so that you will see continued improvement. While not a permanent fix, you could maintain the improvement with regular injections, every 4-6 months (the amount of time fillers last varies based on the individual). Based on photos I cannot say how much filler would be required; it is during our in-person consultation that I can better asses your facial structure and get a clearer understanding of your goals and expectations so that we can determine the best treatment plan for you.

Dennis Gross, MD

Don't Get Discouraged

Everyone's face is different and you have a slim face - which can sometimes show more wrinkles and deep lines because there is no fat to plump it up. Don't get discouraged, ask your doctor about Voluma - an injectable volumizer that delivers a smoother more youthful appearance to your cheeks, cheekbones, and chin in as little as 15-30 minutes. It is a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler developed by the Juvéderm® brand, that has the ability to last up to TWO years compared to the 6-12 month window of current HA fillers like Restylane, Prevelle and basic Juvederm. VOLUMA® was also created to be smoother than other HA facial fillers, making it easier to inject during treatment.Because you're in a younger age group, be sure to choose an expert in dermal fillers because you will want to create a relationship, as you will need to refresh your look every couple years. It is an investment but once you achieve the look you desire, it will be well worth it. Good luck! 

Marguerite A. Germain, MD
Charleston Dermatologic Surgeon