Will these acne scars fade on their own with help of over the counter products? (photos)

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Acne Scars and Best Treatment with Lasers

These types of scars should fade over time and the redness will improve with topicals that help the redness dissipate like topical Vitamin C and Mirvaso.  To make the redness go away much faster and help promote the healing I would look into the V-Beam laser.  The scars themselves will require different lasers such as eMatrix or Fraxel.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scars fade?

In my opinion, it's very difficult to predict from these pictures whether your acne scars will fade. The acne is active. I don't know your ability to heal without scarring. Your acne seems inflammatory so there is a chance that they could heal with depression. I would recommend that you use a salicylic acid wash 1 or 2 times a day to decrease the acne and attempt to heal the skin. Should you notice that the skin is starting to scar, I would see a skin specialist. Once the scarring has begun,early treatment is the most successful. Find a physician with experience in treating acne scars. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Top acne scar treatments include Hidef Acne Scar Protocol

There are many treatments for acne scars. I would recommend our exclusive Hidef Acne scar protocol which utilizes a combination of Ematrix Rf, fractional RF and lasers, skin resurfacing, Vbeam, subcision, and acne surgery to smooth acne scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
@kareplasticsurgery on Instagram

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I do a combination of treatments for this including lasers, fillers, microneedling/PRP and skin care.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Yes

The redness will gradually fade. Topical mirvaso,eu rein redness relief, and green tinted base will help. A vi peel may speed the process of resolution of the redness.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon