Can you recommend an expert to remove moderate acne scars in Los Angeles area?

Can I ask for your recommendation of experts who treat acne scars in Los Angeles area? I have gone through 6 Fraxel/micro-needling procedures. The first few treatments showed significant improvements. The last two micro-needling treatments actually made my scars more obvious as they became bigger. Can someone who has gone through the same issue recommend experts who treat acne scars? I have very sensitive skin. Thank you for your kind help!

Answers (3)

Dr Jason Emer

Dr Emer is all over it. His techniques and methods are spot on, and his reviews excellent. Additionally, he is a Board Certified Dermatologist who trained with a few of the people I know very well. My advice, see him if you are in LA. All the best, Dr Davin LimBrisbane, Australia. 

Acne scarring

It is best to have an in-person examination to determine the exact type of scars that you have. Deeper ice-pick scars are best treateded with surgical excision whereas flat rolling or boxcar scars can be better treated with subcision, fillers, microneedling, chemical peels, or energy-based treatments. By reviewing your previous treatment history and evaluating the current condition of your scars, your physician should be able to customize a plan to give you more improvement. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee MD
Plastic Surgery
Johnson C. Lee, MD
Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
25 reviews

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Acne scarring requires a combination approach.  I suggest seeing an expert in lasers who does a significant amount of combination therapies -- lasers, fillers, subcision, surgery -- for acne scarring.  Best, Dr. Emer.
Jason Emer, MD
Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
230 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.