What is the best way to get rid of my pitted acne scarring? (Photos)

I am 19 years old and have not gotten any previous treatment. I am Turkish (not white) so lasers are too much of a risky option for me to consider. Many are mild-medium ice pick and box car scars. I would virtually like to get rid of all of them. I would say many of the scars are medium deep. Will chemical peels alone help me get rid of the problem? Let's say with continuous use over a year or more, etc. Or any other safe options?

TCA CROSS and others for acne scars.

For your first 3 sessions, I personally would use TCA CROSS for deep scars, a few could do with excision- elevation. Then you have the option of low density CO2 as per video below, however if you have access to INFINI RF with PRP this would be a much better option. Subcision will be required for tethered scars, followed by focal filling. All the best, Dr Davin S. Lim 

Brisbane Dermatologist

What is the best way to get rid of my pitted acne scarring?

Thank you for the photos. It is very smart for you to be leary of laser treatments with your skin type because that could deffinitely be a big mistake. Looks like you could benefit from excision of the deeper acne scars and mabe some filler. And then a series of MicroNeedling treatments would give you major benefit. Be sure the acne is well controlled first. As for chemical peels you could get some benefit and again you need to do the lighter chemical peels but ultimatley you need fomething a little more aggressive for the collagen production like the MicroNeedling. I wish you luck!

Bruce K. Smith, MD

Treating acne scarring in darker skin type

You are an excellent candidate for the Infini RF treatment. It requires about 3 treatments or more. The deeper scars will require Bellafill as well. Subcision, TCA cross, and PRP can also be added. Infini is safe for all skin types.

Steven F. Weiner, MD