Best treatment for my acne scars. (photos)

I have severe acne scars since my teenage .Im 26 years old now .I have tried derma rollers with laser in the past but had no luck with it . Can you please suggest what would be the best way to fix this scars and how much downtime would it need per session. Thanks,

INFINI, subcsion, filler

Your scars are severe and your skin type dark. This compounds the complexity of scar revision. First thing I would do is to control your acne. Second step- INFINI RF, 4 sessions 4 weeks apart, I like combining this with PRP, then subcision, then finally fillers. This will improve your scars by approximately 50%.
All the best, Dr Davin LimBrisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

A combination approach is needed to get the best outcome. I suggest you see an expert who can get you on a short and long term plan including lasers, fillers, subcision, and skin care. Best, Dr. Emer

Laser treatments for acne scars

Thank you for your question. There are currently two laser treatments that will help for your acne scars. Affirm CO2 Fractional Laser and the PicoSure laser.

The Affirm CO2 Fractional Laser is a micro ablative treatment with a wide-range of settings for “incredible flexibility”. For acne scarring, depending on scar depth, four to six sessions may be necessary, at two to three week intervals. Patients can expect anywhere from 60% to 80% clearance. There is probably two days of downtime with redness and swelling. However, the results are likely permanent.

The PicoSure laser is gentle on your skin, with minimal discomfort or downtime after treatments. PicoSure works by sending ultra-short pulses of laser energy into the outer and inner skin layers. This helps dermatologists effectively treat the outer skin, while the laser also stimulates collagen and elastin production within the inner skin layers. The PicoSure laser can be used to help treat acne scars through the following:

• Reduce damaged and scarred skin
  • Reduce dark spots
  • Shrink glands that produce oil
  • Encourage collagen and elastin production
To find out which one would be best for you, you have to schedule an in-person consultation with a qualified dermatologist.

Bruce E. Katz, MD