Doctor Recommendation for Lip Scar Revision in Texas

I am looking for a texas facial plastic surgeon who is very skilled with scar revision of the lips. I have a scar that runs from my upper lip to the base of my nose from a dog bite, the alignment of the vermilion border of my upper lip its slightly off and the scar is atrophic. It happened when i was 3, I am now 24. Im finding it hard to find a surgeon that will attempt to correct it. I dont expect the scar to be eliminated but i would really like the alignment to be improved.

Doctor Answers 2

Repairing lip scars and cuts on the lips with laser and surgery

Lip scars such as the vertical scar in the photo can be improved with subcision alone, or a combination of fractional co2 laser and surgical scar revision. The link below has an example of a lip before and after photograph. 

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Lip scars

Your posted photo clearly shows a step off at the lip margin across the left upper lip scar. The side of the scar closer to the midline is higher in the step off. The photo quality does not allow assessment of the associated scar extending up the lip. Correction of the step off requires realignment of the corners of the step. This is best done by first marking the corners with a needle and dye so that the local anesthetic's distortion of the anatomy after injection does not prevent you from seeing the corners.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.