Do doctors ever prescribe Kenalog-10 injections that can be administered at home?

Firstly, I just want to know if it ever prescribed for home injections for any condition. Second, Is it ever prescribed for my situation? My situation: i get really bad ingrown hairs on my face probably once every 4 month or so and then it takes them years (it feels like it anyway) for the spot to heal. Its expensive to go to the derm every time this happens... its also hard to get an appointment sometimes.

Hidef treatment for keloids includes lasers and IIT

Kenalog is but one of a number of treatments for keloids, including IIT, laser therapy, and topical application of Plato's Scar Serum. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Hello Jebmccoy,I have not heard of a physician prescribing Kenalog 10 for self administration.  The reason is the side effect risks if injected improperly and the fact that it needs to be injected by a qualified medical professional.  I'd recommend in the future you follow up with a facial plastic surgeon to go over your options and see you in a more timely fashion.I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon