What is the best treatment for wrinkles and sun damage on chest. I'm 49 and my chest looks 80. (photo)

Wrinkle Treatment

Thank you for your question in regards to wrinkle treatments. There are several different options to help reduce the appearance of sun damaged skin. It is important to use a sunscreen with a high zinc percentage and SPF coverage of 45+ daily. Different lasers, IPL/BBL treatments and peels can be beneficial. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Wrinkles on chest

It seems the sun is not your chest's friend.  First of all, I would limit the sun exposure to your chest with the use of sun screen and protective clothing.  Now to treat the damage that is already done, you need a two front approach.  First you can treat any dark spots with a Fraxel laser.  Next you can help the wrinkles and the associated loss of collagen with a treatment like Ulthera which uses ultrasound to help promote collagen in the skin.  Good luck!

Wrinkles/Sun Damage- Fraxel, IPL, Microneedling/PRP

There are many options for treatments on the chest including lasers such as Fraxel, IPL, microneedling/prp. It is best to make a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist who can come up with a long term solution. It will require a number of combinations and long term sunprotection. Best, Dr. Emer.

Treatment for Wrinkles and Sun Damage

There are many options to improve the health and appearance of the chest region.  Based on the picture, I would state that too much sun exposure is responsible for a majority of the sun damage which is visible, including loss of collagen and elastin and a dull sallow tone.
1)Limit any further sun exposure to the area and be sure to use sunscreen
2)Fractional laser treatments such as Fraxel, ablative or non ablative can help with the tone and texture
3)Botox injections to diminish the wrinkle in the chest region(Yes, Botox can be used here too)
4)Dermal filler injections including sculptra to restore the collagen and given support to the skin on top

Hope this helps
Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Chest damage

Your chest wrinkles are due to a combination of poor elasticity and weakened dermis due to long-term sun damage. They can be improved with microneedling and fractionated laser which make microscopic holes in the scar to stimulate your body to remodel and fill in the wrinkled areas with new collagen which prevents the wrinkles from occuring. Ultrasound (ultherapy) or radiofrequency devices can also help tighten the skin in the area by heating and contracting the deep dermal layers. Finally, topical creams such as Nectifirm and a UV blocker can help protect, hydrate, and maintain the rejuvenated skin after the treatments are completed. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD
Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Exilis

Hi, Thanks for sharing your photo.
Severe weight fluctuation leads to loosening of tissues with wrinkles. Exilis plays an important role in skin remodelling leaving a good appearance after a few sessions. 
A course of Collagen supplements can also be taken to tighten the skin.
Moisturisers and ample sunscreen application will deliver a hydrated skin giving it a wrinkle free appearance and to protect it from further damage by the harmful UV rays.

Decolletage treatment...

Thank you for your question.  Ulthera alone or Ulthera combined with Sculptra will yield outstanding results to rejuvenate your chest.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon