Treatment for hypertropic scar on the ear/piercing? (Photos)

ive had a bump on the back of my ear for a year now that i cant get rid of. i assume it formed when i hit it a few times... i tried many home remedies and cant seem to make it go away. yesterday, i hit my ear very hard again and noticed today that another bump was already forming on the inside of my ear. at this point im looking for advice because i dont know what to do. is there any way to fix this without removing the piercing?? i dont think surgery is an option for me but ill try anything

Doctor Answers 4

Hypertrophic scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello,This looks to be a hypertrophic scar.  I would start with seeing a Board Certified Dermatologist to do Kenalog/5FU injections.  Removal of the piercing may be necessary.Best, Dr. Buatti

Hypertrophic Scar/Keloid -- Pulsed Dye Laser/VBeam, 5fu/steroids, Fraxel/Viva, CO2, Aerolase

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
These needs combination lasers, steroid/5fu injections or surgical removal with or without radiation. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Bump on ear

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This may be a keloid from the piercing but you should see a dermatologist to establish the exact diagnosis and make a treatment plan.  It might be necessary to remove the piercing. The most common initial treatment for a keloid would be injections of Kenalog.  See an experienced dermatologist as the next step.Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Keloid on the ears

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would suggest removal of the ear piercing, IIT, laser therapy, and Plato's Scar Serum to reduce the risk of keloid growth. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.