How to best treat these types of scars? (Photos)

Hello, I have been suffering from acne scars for years. I was wondering what are the best treatments for the types of scars I have? I have done e-matrix and dermapen before with little results. I am getting desperate :(

INFINI RF, subcision, filler, PRP

Your scars will be hard to treat, however with a combination of scar revision procedures, your acne scarring can be improved.

See a specialist who can perform all these procedures, including laser resurfacing. You will need 6-8 sessions over 9 months to achieve a 50+% improvement. This is reality. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

this type of scarring requires a combination approach of lasers, mcironeedling, fillers, TCA cross and sometimes surgical removal. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Deep Acne Scars

Your acne scars require a combination of lasers such as Fraxel and eMatrix and injections of fillers such as Restylane and Bellafill.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Acne Scars

Deep micro-needling with a combination of PRP treatment work great for acne scars. Typically these treatments can improve acne scars with 4-6 treatments. Having the PRP (platelet-rich-plasma) injected under the divets of those scars will significantly help with the collagen production in the areas where that scar tissue has built. Topical treatments will need to be combined with your micro-needling and PRP treatment. You may not be able to get rid of those scars completely, but with proper treatment and at home care, I am confident you would see a significant improvement.

Khalil S. Saghezchi, DDS
Cupertino Dentist

Treating Acne Scars

Unfortunately, there is no way to completely get rid of acne scars, or box scars, as yours appear to be in the photos.  There are some incredible new devices on the market that can significantly help improve the appearance of the skin, and some tried and true approaches as well.  Most options may require multiple treatments.  CO2 laser resurfacing is a great approach, or deep microneedling with radio frequency, such as Profound can also be effective.  The latter is like combining the e-Matrix and dermapen, like you've previously had, but muck more intense.  It's best to find a facility that has a Board Certified physician available and on site, and get a thorough consultation to determine what is the best option for you!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon