Laser or other cellulite treatment after a Hip Replacement?

I have had a total hip replacement but still want to do a laser treatments for cellulite. Which lasers would be okay for me? I am concerned about liposuction due to the implant.

A Minimally Invasive But Effective Cellulite Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. #Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current #cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% here on RealSelf.

Used on #moderate to #severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.
There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like #microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite. Seek more information to learn if you are candidate for #Cellfina by consulting with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellulite treatment and liposuction after hip replacement

Cellulite treatment and liposuction can both be done safely once you are completely healed after hip replacement. Cellfina is a non laser treatment for cellulite which appears to give the best long term results with patient satisfaction rates greater than 90% 3 years following treatment.

Cellulite Treatment that works

There is no reason that you cant have liposuction after having a hip replacement.  For the most even results you should probably wait for the inflamation of the hip surgery to go down first so the scar isnt so hard to go through with the canula.  Cellfina is the best treatment that I have ever seen for cellulite, and you could have that any time for the "hail damage" as one of my patients calls it.  

Dan Mills, MD

Hip Replacement and Liposuction

Of course you can have liposuction after a hip replacement.  I suggest you wait 3 months till healed and see an expert.  Cellfina can treat the cellulite and fat grafting and liposuction can contour the hips.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellulite Treatment

Thank you for your question. The longest lasting cellulite treatment is Cellfina which is FDA -approved for 2  years. There is no contraindication with Cellfina after hip replacement.

Cellulaze and hip replacement ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

The only cellulite treatment that uses a laser is cellulaze. In my opinion, as long as you are mobile, hip replacement alone is not contraindication to using the cellulaze laser system to reduce your cellulite. Find a physician who has experience with cellulaze. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina for Cellulite

It would be best to be seen and evaluated.  I have used Cellfina exclusively for the buttock and posterior thigh cellulite.  Having a hip implant doesn't prevent you from having liposuction either.  It is best to be seen and evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.  You can use the Smart Beauty Guide to find one in your area.