Laser or other cellulite treatment after a Hip Replacement?

I have had a total hip replacement but still want to do a laser treatments for cellulite. Which lasers would be okay for me? I am concerned about liposuction due to the implant.

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellulite treatment and liposuction after hip replacement

Cellulite treatment and liposuction can both be done safely once you are completely healed after hip replacement. Cellfina is a non laser treatment for cellulite which appears to give the best long term results with patient satisfaction rates greater than 90% 3 years following treatment.

Cellulite Treatment that works

There is no reason that you cant have liposuction after having a hip replacement.  For the most even results you should probably wait for the inflamation of the hip surgery to go down first so the scar isnt so hard to go through with the canula.  Cellfina is the best treatment that I have ever seen for cellulite, and you could have that any time for the "hail damage" as one of my patients calls it.  

Dan Mills, MD

Hip Replacement and Liposuction

Of course you can have liposuction after a hip replacement.  I suggest you wait 3 months till healed and see an expert.  Cellfina can treat the cellulite and fat grafting and liposuction can contour the hips.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellulite Treatment

Thank you for your question. The longest lasting cellulite treatment is Cellfina which is FDA -approved for 2  years. There is no contraindication with Cellfina after hip replacement.

Cellulaze and hip replacement ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

The only cellulite treatment that uses a laser is cellulaze. In my opinion, as long as you are mobile, hip replacement alone is not contraindication to using the cellulaze laser system to reduce your cellulite. Find a physician who has experience with cellulaze. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina for Cellulite

It would be best to be seen and evaluated.  I have used Cellfina exclusively for the buttock and posterior thigh cellulite.  Having a hip implant doesn't prevent you from having liposuction either.  It is best to be seen and evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.  You can use the Smart Beauty Guide to find one in your area.