What's the best option treatment for cellulite? Or do I just need Liposuction?

I have some cellulite in the back upper side of my legs and on my buttocks. Is there any treatment or something that I can do to get rid of it? I exercise about 3 to 4 times a week, I am very petite and small frame but I still have cellulite and no butt. I need help! I'm 5'3, 110 lbs. I would like to get rid of most of it. What are my options? Thank you

Carboxy Therapy and Z-Wave Therapy for Cellulite Removal

The photos submitted indicate that your problem is not associated with excessive subcutaneous fat. Therefore, liposculpture would not be a recommended course of action. What I see are very localized pockets of cellulite, and that calls for a treatment that breaks down cellulite's fibrous network in order to release the trapped toxins. Two such protocols are Carboxy Therapy and Z-Wave Therapy. The first involves the injection of carbon dioxide gas just below the skin’s surface to stimulate the circulation and cell oxygenation that leads to the release of fatty acids and toxins, thereby shrinking and smoothing the treated area. As an alternative or complementary treatment, Z-Wave also achieves shrinkage and smoothing via high-energy radial shock waves. This therapy also stimulates collagen production, which promotes additional skin retraction and toning. 

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Best option treatment for cellulite

Look into Cellfina for treatment of your cellulite. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia and uses a fine needle to release the fibrous bands responsible for cellulite dimples. This in turn improves the cellulite and creates smoother skin. Patient satisfaction rates are well over 90% three years following treatment.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.   If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Thank you for your good question

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite option

Your photos don't show anything.  If you truly have cellulite, cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done under local or just IV sedation. It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment. Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Cellfina works for cellulite!

Hello and thank you for your question!

I can only see one of the photos and its not very clear, so we would definitely need to see you for a consultation before saying what would be best for you. However, one option to be considered is Cellfina.
We were the first practice to offer the procedure commercially. We are up and running with this in our office and we are beyond ecstatic with the results that we are seeing. The FDA has approved this with an indication of one year, however, the practices that were part of the FDA studies, are showing evidence of results that last much longer than that. Our patients have been very happy with this minimally invasive procedure with very little downtime. Our patients return to work the next day. There is only local anesthesia used, so you can drive yourself!

Cellfina will make her national TV debut on Friday, May 1st on The Doctors!!! Please check the show’s website for your local network listings. Watch this for more information and please refer to our website for more details.

Feel free to contact our office for a complementary consultation and refer to our website for more information!

Grant Stevens, MD

Liposuction for cellulite?

Liposuction can help with the appearance of cellulite, however endermology may be a better treatment option but needs to be ongoing.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulite Treatment with Non-invasive Option

From your photos it does not appear that you have excess fat, therefore liposuction would likely not be appropriate for you. At our practice we use a non-invasive treatment called Venus Freeze. the technology is 3D bi-polar RF thermal energy matrix clinically proven to penetrate to multiple layers of the skin raising temperatures homogenously and effectively. This mechanism assists with skin tightening, temporary circumferential reduction, and cellulite reduction. It is recommended to do these treatment once or twice a week for a series of 8 treatments. The treatment is not painful and patients say that it feels like a hot stone massage.

Neil Sadick, MD

Does Liposuction Help Cellulite?

Liposuction is not the best treatment for cellulite and sometimes can make it worse.  My suggestion is to see a body contouring specialist and see if leg contouring can help and if cellulaze with fat transfer or physician subcision can help your dimples.  There are also many non invasive options.  Best, Dr. Emer.