Hot oil burn near by lips. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hot oil got on my face near my lip area. I applied aloe Vera gel for every 2 hrs. It's become pink on the mark. Will it leave a scar ? What should I apply ?

Scarring from a lip burn

I would suggest using a combination of Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase creams after the skin heals to prevent longterm scarring. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Burn Scar on Face - Silicone Based scar gel with growth factors, sun protection

I suggest proper skin care at this time, please have a cosmetic dermatologist evaluate the area and get you on the right skin care.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How to Treat an Acute Burn

I am sorry to hear of your accident.  The burn looks like it occurred in the last 24-48 hours based on the photo.  If that is the case, the following protocol will help minimize the risk of scarring.1.  Apply Vaseline 3-4 times a day.  One of the best medications for treating an acute is scar is made by Alastin.  If you can find a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who carries this line in your area, please use the Alastin Nectar twice a day.   Apply the Alastin Occlusive Ointment three to four times daily over the Nectar.  You will continue this treatment for approximately 7-10 days.2.  If you are able to see your dermatologist, obtain samples of a mid-potency steroid such as Triamcinolone 0.1% cream.  Apply this cream twice daily for 5 days over Nectar and under the Occlusive Ointment.3.  Keep the area covered and out of the sun until new skin grows (typically 7-10 days).4.  Once new skin has grown, use a retinol or retin-A cream.  My personal favorite for you would be PCA Intensive Brightening Retinol which does not have a hydroquinone but will lighten any hyperpigmented (dark) scar that will naturally occur due to your skin type.  Apply a very small amount three times a week for the first two weeks and then five times a week for the next three weeks and then daily.  It does not matter if you apply the retinol in the morning or the evening.5.  Apply Skin Medical Total Defense and Repair twice a day over this area and at least once a day over the entire face.  This particular Superscreen has antioxidants in addition to a physical sunblock that will help prevent hyperpigmenation.6.  After 1 month, you may need a chemical peel to help with the expected hyperpigmentation (darkening of the wound).  
Best of luck,Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.Houston, Texas#burn, #scar, #lip, #retinol, #tretinoin, #hydroqunione, #PCASkin, #SkinMedica, #TDR, #Alastin, #Nectar, #skin, #skincare, #dermatology, #plasticsurgery, #cosmeticsurgery, #Houston, #Texas, #RefreshDermatology, #Chilukuri

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon