Getting Rid of Gram-negative Folliculitis and Acne?

I’m almost 28 and still have blemishes. After years of trying antibiotics and topicals I finally went on Accutane. After 2 or 3 years on and off it, my cholesterol and liver function kept declining. Abdominal ultrasound diagnosed fatty liver. My derm won’t prescribe Accutane anymore. I now have gram-negative folliculitis on my neck, and acne is coming back on face. How can I get cleared up?

Gram negative folliculitis and acne

Accutane can be a very effective treatment for acne and gram negative folliculitis. Your doctor can try you at a lower dose of it, or you may seek a second opinion. There are other oral antibiotics you could consider (e.g. Ciprofloxacin, Trimethoprim-Sulphamethoxazole), as well as bleach baths (usually for the body). It may be worthwhile to see an infectious disease doctor as well for an opinion.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Gram negative folliculitis and acne

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon