I got a scar on the head of my penis and it's really embarrassing. Is there any cream or anything that can be recomended?(photo)

I got this from getting my penis caught in my zipper. This stayed like this for about 2-3 years. It's embarrassing because it looks like stds. Is there anything out there that can help me, and should I be concerned??

Doctor Answers 2

Treating a penis scar

If this is a traumatic scar, I would begin with twice daily application of Plato's Scar Serum followed by fractional laser. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Scar on Body -- Fraxel/Microneedling, Sculptra/Fat/Bellafill, Subcision, Pulsed Dye Laser; Medical Tattooing

I would suggest an in person consultation with an expert for evaluation. Silicone based scar gels may help. Scars can be improved with lasers, microneedling, and surgery. Please seek an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.