How to get rid of acne scars? (Photo)

First it only appeared on my face then it started to go down on my shoulders, upper arms, back, and even on my butt and thighs! My medicine that the derma recommended was expensive so i stopped. What medicines can I use that are cheap but effective?

Acne Scars and Infection

It appears that you have an infection that could be cleared with a combination of an oral and a topical antibiotic.  I would suggest you consult a dermatologist trained for acne.  I would consider eMatrix laser also to treat these scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Salicylate acid ,phisohex

Salicylate wash could help with what sounds like a folliculitis or mild bacterial infection. A bath with one cup of Clorox per tub will decrease bacteria on the body and better control a possible Mrsa low grade infection with only drying of the skin as a side effect. If the medications are expensive the acne scar treatments will not be realistic. Micro needling is an inexpensive approach to acne scars.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Active acne and scars

In my opinion, the scars on your face are different than those on your back and body. The scars on the face have saucer shapes,box cars, acne pits and enlarged pores. Your  body has discolorations, few raised papules active acne and hyperpigmentation. The scars should be treated based upon their type. I do not believe that the scars on your face will respond to self treatment. As far as your back and body are concerned, treatment with a salicylic acid Wash will probably remove most of the active acne and stains. For your face, I suggest that you go to a dermatologist with experience in acne scars. You will need multiple modality and treatments. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Best acne scar treatment protocol in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in acne scar treatments and we would recommend a combination of Melapads to the back daily, E Matrix RF fractional laser, Clear and Brilliant laser, and light chemical peels for your acne scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS