What to use on lip laceration after dermabond comes off? (Photo)

I fell and received a laceration to my upper lip about 2 weeks ago. I went to the ER and dermabond was placed on the cut. Most of it came off the yesterday, and it seems like the pink skin is higher than the skin around it (but it seems like it's getting better daily). I have a dark skin tone and scarring runs in my family, so I'm wondering what I should place on the scar. Should I wait until the skin turns darker before I use anything? I was thinking about using silicon scar sheets/gel.

Plato's Scar Serum for a lip scar

I would use a combination of Melarase PM and Plato's Scar Serum to help improve your scar once the scab falls off. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles