Is this post-facial reaction normal? (Photo)

I went to a dermatologist because I started getting a bit of acne. Her assistants steamed my face and then performed a blackhead extraction for about an hour, which was excruciatingly painful. My entire body was shaking throughout. Then they did something with lasers and then a facial peel, after which they applied a lotion that made me feel like my face was on fire. Now I have brown spots all over my face. I have a very light skin tone. Is this normal? What should I do?

Is this post-facial reaction normal?

Thank you for the photo. The answer is no it is not normal but it does happen. Hopefully since you are fair skin it will just lighten and fade. If it does not you need to start some skin bleachers to lighten the spots and wear sun protection when you are outside. I would get a second opinion by a Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon. Good Luck! 

Dark spots after laser peel

In some cases, a laser peel will cause existing pigment to get darker. It will then flake off. However, I think that this needs evaluation by your doctor because I'm not sure about this from the pictures. I don't know the time frame. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD