What treatment is best for an indented scar on nose bridge? (Photo)

I'm wondering if scar revision is the best method to improve the appearance of the scar, or if I should try subcision. I am open to other methods as well. The skin texture, not tone, is my main concern. It's not too noticeable at first glance but I would still like to improve it. Fillers (Juvederm) seem to help minimize the appearance of depth but it doesn't help with shininess/I'd like something permanent; preferably low risk. Also, how much downtime can I expect from treatments? Thank you.

Nose scars

I would recommend surgical subcision, fillers, and fractional lasers to help even out the contour of your nose scar. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Low Risk Scar Revision with Rejuvapen Microneedling

It sounds like you wish to avoid a surgical intervention for nasal scar revision. In terms of conservative approach to scar management, what you're likely for looking for is a resurfacing procedure. One of the most conservative resurfacing procedures that we offer is microneedling. This can be done easily with topical anesthesia. A small microneedling pen (Rejuvapen(R)) works by way of perforating the second layer of your skin with tiny needles. In doing so it stimulates collagen synthesis. This may improve the appearance of your depressed appearing scar by elevating it surface. This may offer you the camouflage you seek. Generally, multiple treatments with the pen are required. My office sells treatments in packages. The benefit is, however, no surgical incision is made. Downtime is minimal with a day or two of post procedure pinkness that can easily be covered up with make up. There's generally no post procedure pain.

Scar revision

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a scar revision. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD