Scar Removal - How to remove this scar on my jaw due to acne/abscess/keloid? (photo)

I have severe acne and an abcess/keloid formed and my dermatologist injected it with cortisone and the abscess went away. However there is still a skin bump. The " bump" skin looks white, hypo-pigmented from the injection. It is normal skin because I can press down on it with no feeling of anything. However, on the surface it looks like the skin is raised and stretched. People tell me i have a bump on my jaw. BUt when i look at it in the mirror, i can tell its raised. Is it air inside the skin?

Bumpy Scar Solution

I suggest seeing an expert for an evaluation. There are many options to improve the appearance of these scars with lasers, fillers, microneedling/prp, and subcision. Best, Dr. Emer.

Scarring after abcess

This all needs to settle down before addressing the scarring. Early treatment might include the Excel V or Vbeam. once the scar is mature, further measures such as Infini or laser resurfacing can be done. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD