Hypertrophic scar treatment

I got my cartilage pierced about 2 months ago and have recently developed a hypertrophic scar. Please advise treatment

Doctor Answers 2

Hypertrophic keloid scarring on a piercing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Remove the piercing followed by IIT and laser therapy to help reduce the hypertrophic scarring. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank you for your question.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.