Any good doctor to work with acne scars in New York or anywhere in the US? I need help. (Photo)

I m a 32 yr old man suffering from acne scarring for the past 15 years , i have tried a number of treatments but nothing has worked so far. Any honest doctor who can help with a good treatment? Im thinking of treatments like subcision (extensive subcision?), tca, fillers (juvederm, silicone), vbeam or anything that help improve the scarring? i am really depressed for the past 10 years and will really appreciate a response. I am willing to travel anywhere in US and Canada.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Doctor Answers 3

Acne Scars and Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am sorry for your acne and the scarring and your suffering.  It will take a combination of treatments to help improve the appearance such as fillers such as Restylane and lasers such as eMatrix.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic advice.  Best, Dr. Green

A Relatively Inexpensive Combination Of Techniques Can Work Well To Improve Acne Scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
First, let me say that I am so sorry you have been suffering so. 

The photos you provided show evidence of the full gamut of acne scars: atrophic rolling scars, boxcar scars and pit (ice pick) scars. The atrophic (indented, depressed) scars can be elevated with subcision, with or without the addition of fillers. A filler, such as Belotero Balance, injected very superficially and a more robust volumizing filler, such as Juvederm Ultra Plus XC injected more deeply may each contribute to new, native collagen formation and improved healing, as well as imparting immediate lift to the treatment sites.The pit scars may be treated with the TCA CROSS Technique, and fractional microneedle resurfacing (aka medical microneedling, skin needling, dermal rolling) can be used to better blend the overall texture and tone of the treated skin with the normal surrounding skin.

There may also be a place for the use of a few droplets of Botox (or Dysport or Xeomin). Appropriately placed these agents, by reducing the contractile forces on the treatment sites, may allow for better healing of the sites treated with the aforementioned approaches and often contribute to longer-lasting results.

I have been treating acne scars for around three decades and have been quite satisfied with the simple, and relatively inexpensive techniques noted above. Frankly, I don't think there is much of a role here for peeling or for relatively expensive radiofrequency or lasers," including fraxels. The results of the latter tend to be inconsistent, variable and often subtle at best.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Acne scars on face. ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
In my opinion, you have moderate to severe acne scarring. Your scars are saucer-shaped and boxcars and many are depressed. The treatment for depressed scars includes lifting the base of this scar. This is usually done with subcision as well as either a filler or microneedle radio frequency (Infini) . I prefer to use subcision with micro needle radio frequency as this is a long lasting result. For the few superficial scars that you have, ablative or non-ablative laser or traditional micro-needling are effective. Find an acne scar expert. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.