Could I burn or cut out a scar to make it look like an accident instead of self injury?

Cutting scars are permanent

Cutting scars are permanent. I would consider fractional laser and RF, IIT, and topical Plato's Scar Serum to make them look better. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Scar revision

Hello and thank you for your question. You may be a candidate for a scar revision.  I have performed this in self-injury scars before.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD