What to do for adhesions in nasolabila folds (fillers do not work).

i have a thick band. of scar tissue in each fold ,the skin is held together to the underlying structure by this scar tissue. i really like the look of no folds on myself, but fillers will be pushed sideways bc of adhesions, making the folds look deeper. i really like my nl filled up ( it looks better on me ) and i do not need cheek filler. what can be done?

Volumizing and Collagen Building with Sculptra

It may be that a combination approach is needed here.  Most people benefit from facial contouring and lifting, such as adding volume to the middle and lateral cheeks to lift the folds or to use collagen stimulators like sculptra to soften but not remove the folds.  I suggest a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer.

Consultation

Hello and thank you for your question. There are several options including fat grafting with scar release and other types of lifts.   It really depends on your individual anatomy.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD