Should I wash tretinoin 0.25 off after 2 hours?

I have found out that tretinoin really makes my red acne scars more red if i keep it on the whole night. Coz i sleep on my cheek. Will tretinoin work with same potency of i wash it off before i sleep. Any suggestions can be really appreciated...

Tretinoin

Certainly you are not doing any harm by washing off the Tretinoin early, but potentially you may be missing out on a little bit of the medicine that is not absorbed immediately.  Absorption probably varies depending on the cream base of your particular prescription.  If you are still getting the pinkish quality to the skin with mild flaking, you are probably getting enough of the effect.  Generally I instruct patients to push through the red phase and your skin will adapt.

Best wishes

Dubuque Facial Plastic Surgeon