22 year old looking for the best treatment advise for acne scarring. Any suggestions? (photos)

About 3 years ago I had a severe breakout of cystic acne. I was prescribed topical creams as I did not want to go on accutane. After 13 months of inflamed, flakey, sensitive skin the active breakouts subsided but the reminder remains in the form of enlarged pores and pock marks. I was subsequently put on trisprintec as an alternative to accutane and I am looking for advise on how to solve this scarring issue. A consultation with a dermatologist, recommended Tazorac, but I want more immediate help!

Fraxel Dual Laser could help

I have found Fraxel Dual to be effective in improving situations like yours. It is important hoever that your acne is under contro before the treatment of acne scars is undertaken.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

you need a formal evaluation to improve your acne and then focus on your scars.  Isotretinoin will clear acne permanently and prevent any future scars which will require a combination of lasers, microneedling/PRP and TCA cross.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Facial acne scars.ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, based on the photos, you have superficial and deep acne pits as well as boxcars. The deeper lesions will need to be raised. I would recommend subcision plus micro needling or subcision with micro needling combined with radio frequency. TCA cross is an alternative.Superficial lesions can be treated with ablative and non-ablative lasers. Based upon your Fitzpatrick skin type, you will need to pre and post treat with bleaching creams. Find a acne scar expert. Ask to see photos. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Ice Pic Scars from Acne and Best Treatment

Unfortunately you have significant scarring from your acne.  At this point I would suggest based on your type of scars and skin type having the eMatrix laser. You would also benefit from Retin-A and a few chemical peels to even out the pigmentation as well. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green