Best Acne Scar Removal Procedure? (photos)

What is the best acne scar removal procedure for prominent, depressed acne scars on a person with tanned complexion? I have tried countless things, but I have not found anything that has been able to visibly reduce the look of the scars on my face. I am woman, 32 years of age. Thanks for your help in advance!

Best Acne Scar Treatment for Darker Skin NYC

The eMatrix laser is the best treatment for your type of scars.  Sculptra would also add volume and help with the overall scars and collagen formation.  Bellafill is another filler that would help as well.  PRP and the Eclipse mircropen are also good adjuvant therapies.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Best #Acne #Scar Removal Procedure?

Great question and photos!  So sorry to hear about your concerns but I understand why they can be bothersome to you!  Acne scars are difficult to treat and please understand that the goal of this and any scar treatment is improvement and not removal. There is no true way to remove scars as they are your body's natural way that it heals itself.  We want to reduce and/or camouflage them so they are less visible.  Once my patients have their acne under control, I typically offer a series of skin treatments using microneedles with radiofrequency energy which heats the tissue and helps to reduce the scarring called Infini.  The treatment does require some numbing for comfort and usually is completed as a series of 6 treatments spaced 6 weeks apart with gradual improvement with each treatment.  It is important to also realize that the treatment induces some remodeling in the skin so results are not immediate and it takes 2-3 months after the final session until we see final results. Please make sure to consult with board certified plastic surgeons and/or dermatologists with this device for best recommendations. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Infini RF, Subcision and filler.

You have many options available, however for your type of scars, the use of INFINI RF has advantages over laser treatments, additionally focal dermal fillers with BELLAFILL or Juvederm can also help with atrophic scars. 

This combination will give you good results, with minimal downtime and risks of skin colour changes. 

Web reference on acne scar revision.

Cheers

Dr Davin S. Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist