What can I use to clear blackhead scars and blackheads on my face. The only places I have problems with are my cheeks. (photos)

Doctor Answers 4

Acne Treatment

Lasers are a great way to resurface the skin and reduce scars. More specifically, there are two lasers that do this exceptionally well. The Erbium laser is a state-of-the-art laser that resurfaces the skin and reduce scars in under an hour. The results are almost instant, and only about 3-4 days of downtime are required.

Another option is the CO2 laser. The CO2 laser penetrates the skin deeper than the Erbium; therefore, the results are a little better, but you would need about 7-10 days of downtime. Also, because this laser is more invasive, you do not need multiple treatments like the Erbium.

A consultation with a board certified cosmetic plastic surgeon or a dermatologist would be the first step in treating your scars!

I would highly recommend a high quality pharmaceutical grade skin care routine that contains ingredients that have been developed to treat acne on the face.

Hope this helps!

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 151 reviews

Blackheads and Cheeks

A combination of Retinols, Retin-A, Microneedling, or microdermabrasion can all help with these type of blackheads.  Please consult an expert in acne to prevent scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

Blackhead Options--skin care, lasers, microneedling/prp

I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. This can be improved with skin care, clear + brilliant and microneedling/prp. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews


Hi thanks to share your pic. you do have developed photodamaged skin and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.due to acne inflammation .   hence     To  begin with a good skin care regime containing a good exfoliator face wash,topical depigmenting and lightening creams has to be used for skin priming.followed by chemical peels done in sessions will  produce some improvement .good sun protection is a must during treatment with sunscreen.however please do consult a board certified dermatologist and get treated.

Karthik Ram, MRCS, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 54 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.