I used a wart treatment on my face. The type that freezes the area. I now have dark round patches where I applied this.

They are kind of like small burns. Blooming stupid of me I know. Will it heal on it's own or should I visit a GP. The treatment was an over the counter type. I didn't read the instructions properly and thought it was safe for the face.

Dark scars and Melarase PM

Ideally, I would start with Melarase PM cream mixed with Plato's Scar Serum to help reduce pigmentation. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation - treatment options

PIH of a recent onset (days to weeks) responds to topical agents like azelaic acid, short contact, short duraation hydroquinone, kojic acid and so on. For spots that persist, we use a picosecond laser.  Do make sure to use a good sunscreen, to maximise treatment outcomes.

Hyperpigmentation On Face/Body -- Clear + Brilliant/Viva, Microneelding/PRP, Skin lightening/Peels, Aerolase, Pico Laser

Please post photos for further evaluation. A combination of skin care, lasers, and peels should give improvement but I suggest seeking a board certified dermatologist for an in person consultation. Best, Dr. Emer