How do i get rid of the dent on my nose that I got from chicken pox years ago? (Photo)

Its a deep dent and makes me feel insecure on my nose in the middle

Subcision Lifting Plus Filler Can Work Well For Chicken Pox Scars

A good rule of thumb for treating a depressed chicken pox scar (i.e. one that is atrophic, sunken, indented, crater-like) is to raise it up. And for this particular location on the nose, subcision lifting would make m a good, relatively inexpensive first choice. If combined with the injection of a biostimulatory filler, such as Restylane Lyft (which I would use in my Upper East Side Manhattan office) or Hyaluronica 2 (my go-to for this in my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers are available), the results would be immediate and, due to the extra  stimulation of new, native collagen synthesis,  would likely be even more gratifying in the long run. I would exercise caution if considering laser treatments and the use of PRP, as these relatively expensive treatments have a lot of industry supported marketing hype to back them up, but much less hard science.  Best to see a board certified, aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in all forms of scar treatments. 

Scar treatments

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your scar. Any of the modalities that injure the skin with subsequent collagen formation such as fractionated laser, dermaroller, resurfacing lasers, deep peels, etc., may help your condition. Fillers are a good option, specifically Bellafill®, a permanent filler. Bellafil® is FDA approved in treating acne scars, which are similar to the atrophic scar you have on your nose. The right modality for you depends on your skin type, expectations, patience, downtime, and cost. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD