What type of laser or treatment recommended to scratch scar/ very shallow spot scars? (Photo)

So i have a few scratch marks (child) and also i have holes very shallow ones from when i broke out (never had acne) its been 10+ years the marks (holes) still there. Also my skin easily produces scar & doesnt heal well, i sometimes notice random scars without there ever being a problem to that skin area before. My dermatologist said to do laser as microdermbrasion can cause hyperpigmentation. Can it be treated with retin a? Or which type of laser would you recommend?

Doctor Answers 2

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Lasers, microneedling/PRP and skin care/peels can improve this.  I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Acne scarring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to suggest a specific treatment plan based on the provided photo. For superficial acne scars I tend to focus more on using lasers (such as ScarFX), than submission, fillers, TCA CROSS. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.