Is it normal to have crows feet at age of 22? (photos)

I'm a 22 year old female and I've noticed lines in the corner of my eye about two years ago. I think they've gotten a bit worse since then. The other eye isn't as bad. Is this normal? What treatment options should I consider?

Crows feet are normal

At your age, with the fine lines that you have, I would recommend botox. A quick simple injection of botox will erase those lines for a good 3-4 months at least. It is definitely normal to have more lines on one side of your face that the other. Has to do with genetics and your lifestyle -- how you sleep, side of the car you are mostly on with sun, etc. There are some good eye creams available on the market for prevention, but I would not count on them for making the lines go away. Good luck!

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Botox/Dysport for Crow's Feet

Hi B.  It's not entirely unusual to start seeing the formation of creases around the eye at your age.  In some cases, the visibility of these lines is as much about heredity as it is about age. 

At this point, it looks like Botox or Dysport injections would be more of a preventative measure for you, but if it makes you feel more comfortable about your appearance then you should consider it.  

An example of a Los Angeles patient's before and after pictures for crow's feet lines can be found at the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Chemical peels and Botox for fine wrinkles

Fine wrinkles around the eyes can be improved with a combination of treatments including chemical peels (Melapeel) + Botox. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Skin can vary

Everyone ages differently.  Genetics, lifestyle, and sun exposure all contribute to the development of wrinkle on the face.  Your crows feet are very mild.  But if they bother you, there are treatment options.  Botox would be the easiest way to help get rid of those wrinkles.  Not only will it treat the ones you have, but if you get Botox treatments regularly, it can help them from progressing and arrest the development of new ones.  My best advice however, would be life style changes.  Don't smoke, don't consume alcohol, drink plenty of water everyday, wear sunscreen, and use a good moisturizing cream. 

Crows Feet

There are many treatment options, mild ones can be treated with botox.  Lasers or radiofrequency devices are great at tightening skin and improving fine lines -- consider clear and brilliant or fraxel or sublative treatments.  They are great for younger patients wanting to look better and prevent aging.

Common issue especially in our appearance conscious society...

but what your picture shows appears a modest change at best...perhaps some topical tretinoin (Retin-A) might be an acceptable alternative...takes about 3-6 months to get the benefits but may be all you need...a lot cheaper in the long run than the other alternative of beginning lifelong botox treatments at age 22

Ken Landow, MD