What should I do to lose this weight?

I'm struggling with my weight. I are overweight everywhere except my butt. I have large breasts and a large stomach and flabby arms. I've tried weight loss and diet and exercise. Nothing seems to work. I just need help. Is there anything that anyone can recommend. I'm 19, female, 5'4", and 285 lbs.

Weight Loss

Thank you for your question, 

The FDA has approved some medications that help with weight loss if your BMI is at least 27 or higher. The medication that have been around for a while are phentermine. We use this medication as well as Phendimetrazine these medications have the best results when coupled with a clinician monitored nutrition and exercise plan, as well as some vitamin injections with B-12 and 3 amino acids to help with energy and to burn fat in the belly butt and thighs. It is very important to try and get some sort of support. That support can come from a physician monitored program, or you can let your family and friends know you may need their help. They also have a lot of challenges on social media. If you choose a physician monitored program, it holds you more accountable due to you having to come in weekly for weight & blood pressure check, also you can receive one on one counseling and very helpful tips for when we all get stuck in a rut. You can find a medical professional in your area by searching on the asbp website.

Losing weight

Losing weight is not easy for most people who are overweight. A lot depends on you and your   personality type, lifestyle, metabolism, and attitude. If you want to learn how to lose weight and keep it off for the rest of your life, you should do a program that encompasses all these aspects. Three main aspects for losing weight are eating right, exercising adequately, and getting support regularly. A restricted diet is necessary, such as < 1000 cals/day. Limit carbs such as sweets, breads, pastas; make sure you eat enough protein, at least 50 gm/day; eat lots of vegetables and some low glycemic fruits; some nuts and oils, such as olive oil.  Exercise regularly, every day if you can, with good vigorous activities. See a diet counselor or physician at least every other week; if you have a support person, use them. For further information on my plan, The True Diet, go to my website (see link below). I also utilize methods to change your metabolism, to make sure hormones are optimized, to lower inflammation, and much more. It’s not just calories in should be less than calories out. Good Luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN