Concerned about acne scars?

I had severe acne which left me with rolling scars. I did Accutane and have some very small papules that haven't quite gone away but all my acne is gone. However I'm afraid I'm developing new scars maybe icepick but I'm not sure, or where it feels like part of my face is starting to sink in a bit. I use just Cetaphil as a cleanser and at night I use a snail cream with emu oil as I heard it helps with healing. Is it possible to get new scars even after the acne is gone?

Acne Scars – Combination of Treatments Needed

The best treatment for acne scars depends upon an individual’s skin type, age, ethnicity, sun exposure, overall health and most importantly, the type of acne scars present (ice pick scars, boxcar scars, rolling scars, hypertrophic scars and variable degrees of hyperpigmentation). In order to give you an accurate treatment plan, a consultation is required to properly assess your skin. An important step for all skin types is sun protection including the use of daily sunscreen, sun hats and sunglasses, all of which help prevent aging and sunburns.  When it comes to acne scar treatments, a combination of treatments are available including cosmeceuticals (medical grade skin care products specific for acne including ZO® Skin Health or ZO® Medical, Skinceuticals® or Glo-Minerals®), advanced laser resurfacing procedures (CO2 laser, Er:YAG laser, Fraxel DUAL®, PicoSure® FOCUS Lens Array), chemical peels (light, medium, deep including the blue peel), dermabrasion, augmentation/fillers, excision and/or subcision, punch techniques, microneedling/rolling, injections (corticosteroids, 5-FU), cryosurgery, electrodesiccation and microdermabrasion.  These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Calgary Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Scarring requires a combination approach with lasers, microneedling, subcision, fillers etc. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scars

Unfortunately acne can form scar tissue and once the acne clears it can be apparent the extent of the scars.  The fibrous bands can create a "bound down" appearance and make the skin look worse.  That's why fillers are highly effective as well for treating scar tissue. Lasers such as eMatrix and Fraxel also help a great deal. Please consult an expert.