I have acne scars from teenage years and more recently from cystic acne while on IUD. (photos)

What treatment will I see best results? Im a 31 year old single mother that is very self concious about my acne scars. I can camouflage some with makeup techniques but i want more relief so I can go swimming with my kids or not be afraid to run to the store without makeup on!! I'm not sure the type of acne scars mine are considered? Would dermal fillers be more successful for me than laser or microderm? I hate my scars but don't want to spend money on procedures that don't have any results.

Acne Scar - Treatment Options

Hi,

Your scars would benefit from a few sessions of laser, with subcision for non responding/ deeper scars.I say a few sessions, as it does take repeated treatments/ combination protocols to achieve good results in Grade III/  IV acne scars. 

India Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

Acne scarring can be improved with lasers, fillers, microneedling/PRP, skin care/peels.  Please see an expert for consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

31 year old female with Acne Scars

Your acne scars show some volume depletion as well as rolling and maybe very wide boxcar scars. Any single approach is not likely to give you the best results. You will definitely need some treatments in the deeper layers of your skin as well superficial treatments and this is where combination approaches help. We have an approach that uses five to seven steps that treats all the layers of your skin and can help you and we have done it before for people just like you. People the same age and same color and skin tone like you have gotten great results through what we call the Acne Scar Vitalizer Treatment.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon