Skin Problems - Acne Scarring ? Is this something to fret about. Will it go away in its own time? (photos)

I am a 20 year old student and I've been suffering from severe acne since a long time now . The worst part is I don't even know what it is. It's like a combination of everything. It could be acne scarring, cystic acne, hyperpigmentation or maybe something else I don't even know of. This makes the treatment very difficult and It keeps getting worse. Please help me. Thanks

Acne with scarring

I suggest you see a dermatologist or acne specialist. This needs treatment with topicals such as Retin A, hydroquinones, and possibly chemical peels. If scarring remains after treatment, I would use the Infini in your skin type it is safe. 

Skin problems and acne scarring I don't know what it is.

This is acne, active acne. What's going on is that your skin is being infected by bacteria and it's spreading. You have to get this under control or this will continue to get worse and worse. You need aggressive topical treatments and possibly even oral medications. I can already tell that you already have some scarring from prior active acne. We usually combine retinoids with chemical peels and with other medications. Or we will give you some antibiotics as well. After this calms down we will be able to tell what's permanent scarring. I already see some permanent scarring however. He have a lot of experience with acne scarring and it is based on greater than 15 year experience in this super sub speciality. Acne Scarring requires multiple treatments, treating different layers of the skin. We have a combination approach using 5-7 steps that is done it all about 2 hours that gets the best results we have ever seen.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cystic Acne and Scars

I suggest that you get treatment from a board certified dermatologist to get your acne under control. These breakouts are causing scars to be formed and you cannot treat these scars without first getting your acne treated.  Best, Dr. Green