I've tried almost everything for acne scars...but it's not helped! Stubborn and deep scars (Photo)

My teenage acne was grade 4 acne which left deep scars on cheeks. Now my skin looks uneven specially after applying make up they look more prominent! I face cameras almost everyday as I'm a model. Wrk has bn suffering bcz of my scars. It's bn 5 yrs since I've been tryin to treat my scars n tried FRAXEL,dermabrasion,RF microneedling..also fillers...but no great results. if these advanced techniques have not helped.,how good is TCA?I,spent a fortune but still my skin looks uneven and unpleasant!

Acne Scarring

Thank you for your question and photographs. You have had many treatments without much success.   A modified TCA peel in combination with a simultaneous fractionated CO2 laser peel has given the best results in my hands. Not many physicians are doing this treatment.   Fraxel alone is not enough to improved the scarring.  Indian skin is perhaps the most difficult skin to treat, and is considered "complex", so you need to see someone who knows how to handle complex skin after peels.  

Treatment of resistant acne scars with Bellafill and much more...

I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated with uneven skin and scarring from acne in spite of  having all the procedures.

The acne scar treatments can be very challenging in spite of all the available modalities.  I would suggest trying a series of simple subscision of the scars which  can stimulate the collagen and is not very expensive, second option would be to try a series of  microneedling cocktails of meso botox with PRP and HA fillers. Collagen fillers such as Bellafill are used for correction of atrophic acne scars. Sculptra is an other type of filler which can be used for acne scar treatment.TCA is useful for ice picked scars. You should protect your skin with broad spectrum sun block so that you can prevent hyper pigmentation and sun damage. 

Dr. Jill Waibel, who is a renowned  Miami based Dermatologist, has done an amazing research work on all types of scar treatments.

Acne scarring treatment

I believe the best is Infini for this. Subcision, PRP, Bellafill can also help. TCA Cross is mainly used for ice pick scarring. Keep in mind that scarring can not be completely reversed. Improvements can only be expected. Not all RF microneedling is the same. Infini is more powerful and deeper than most.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scarring -- Requires Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Eclipse Micropen

This will require a series of treatments including TCA cross, peels, fillers and possibly laser treatments (clear + Brilliant, aerolase etc).  I suggest a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Facial Scars and Best Treatment NYC

A combination treatment would be best for you with injections of fillers into the deeper scars followed by the eMatrix laser in a series to help the irregularities.  You also have many DPN's which need to be electrodessicated to make your skin smoother.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green